Sunday 14 February 2016

Flowers and cupcakes

For a long time now I have been wanting to crochet some flowers so today I dug out an old magazine for a pattern


This is what I have managed so far. I plan to spend all day tomorrow making loads more. My sister wants some to make some nice hair accessories. I plan to sew some to cushions and blankets. 
While making these for my sister it made me think of other things she liked that I could make. Cupcakes instantly came to mind, ( we both love cupcakes, I think we all do) . As I have been spending a lot of time online recently coming across lots of amazing blogs and craft websites, I thought I could find a pattern online. And I did. Lots of them. I tried out two different patterns and this is how I got on

I much prefer the one on the left but it was a lot more time consuming. The one on the right isn't quite finished, it needs some beads sewn on top and wants to be stuffed. I think I'll leave that for my sister to do. However I would imagine it may still be waiting for me on my next visit to finish it off.
I'm off to bed now if I can drag myself away from my wool. I think my hobby is turning into a bit of an obsession as I can't wait to get up tomorrow to do some more crochet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment